Sunday, January 28, 2018

Retreat quilt

I attended the Thread House retreat exactly a year ago. I decided I wanted to put the pieces that I had made in classes together as a retreat QUI LT. I noticed that this year the class samples are being used to make a medallion quilt but I have not gone to the retreat this year.



The blocks from top left to bottom right are as follows:

Appliqué tree was a class with Lynne Goldsworthy

The Just Sew Sue block block is my own design

The improv self-portrait was a class with Jo Avery

On The bottom row the foundation pieced star was a class with Lynne Goldsworthy again

The curved block was from a block of the month in which both Lynne and Karen were designers. So I thought that using up this block along with the final block in the quilt worked well as both Lynne and Karen are owners of the thread house retreat along with Jo.

Finally the appliqué vase of flowers was a class with Jo Avery. I added a button to the centre of several flowers as I was too lazy to appliqué small circles.





I then free machine quoted fee quote on my long arm "machine. And found it in the same fabric as I had used on the reverse of the quote.

This is another UFO finally shed and was my number 12 for the APQ 2018 challenge.


No comments: